- First choice in primary care
- Accrete D3: Each film-coated tablet contains 600 mg calcium (as calcium carbonate 1500 mg) and 10 micrograms of colecalciferol (equivalent to 400 IU vitamin D3). Twice daily formulation
- Accrete D3: Each film-coated tablet contains 0.3 mg hydrogenated soya-bean oil
- Accrete D3: Each chewable tablet contains 2,500 mg of calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1,000 mg of calcium) and 8.8 mg of colecalciferol concentrate (powder form) (equivalent to 22 micrograms of colecalciferol = 880 IU of vitamin D3). Once daily formulation.
- Evacal D3: Each chewable tablet contains 1,500 mg of calcium carbonate (equivalent to 600 mg of calcium) and 4.0 mg of colecalciferol concentrate (powder form) (equivalent to 10 micrograms of
colecalciferol = 400 IU of vitamin D3). Twice daily formulation.
- Alternative brands will be prescribed in Secondary Care due to difference in contract prices
- Can be purchased from a Community Pharmacist. However, if a prescriber has particular concerns that a patient might not be able to, or is unwilling to self-care and treatment with a medication is required, then a prescription (FP10) should be considered.